Red Shoe Ramblings » I’m Baaa-aaack! (Also -One Deep Breath: The Garden)

I’m Baaa-aaack! (Also -One Deep Breath: The Garden)

Hi, Honeys, I’m home!

Obviously I did NOT have internet access in the mountains, but below is what I would have posted Saturday if I’d been able to get online. I had an ok time - not the best ever and I have to say I’m reallyReallyREALLY glad to be home again, but parts of it were fun. I’ll post more later this week, including a few photos, but for now I’m going to go try to catch up on some stuff that piled up while I was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The theme over at One Deep Breath this last week is The Garden.

Bright black-eyed ladies
gather around the bird bath
and dance after dark.

This is a photo I took of a section of one of my flower beds:

“Black-eyed Susans Partying by the Birdbath”

And here it is “paintified”:

“Painted Susies”

11 Responses to “I’m Baaa-aaack! (Also -One Deep Breath: The Garden)”

1. on 07 Aug 2006 at 4:11 pm la vie en rose

welcome back!!!! i was out of commission this weekend too…i was here but physically out of commission…

love that haiku!

2. on 07 Aug 2006 at 4:54 pm Catherine

Nice haiku - and the flowers are a lovely touch of sun on a cold, grey, wet day

3. on 07 Aug 2006 at 8:10 pm Janet

I’m glad you’re back….missed you.

4. on 07 Aug 2006 at 10:12 pm lovegreendog

looove this! especially pintified ;)glad you are back :)

5. on 07 Aug 2006 at 10:47 pm Jennifer

love your haiku and the photo effect is very cool

6. on 08 Aug 2006 at 9:03 am jenclair

Glad you’re back. Will be watching for pictures of the trip!

7. on 08 Aug 2006 at 9:12 am The Calico Cat

pretty photo - I love the way the black eyed susans are encroaching on the bird bath…

8. on 08 Aug 2006 at 11:19 am Deb R

Glad y’all liked the haiku and the photo - real and/or paintified.

Michelle, I’m behind on blog reading right along with everything else, so I haven’t see yet why you were out of commission this weekend. Hope you’re ok!!

I missed being able to “see” all of you this weekend!

9. on 08 Aug 2006 at 11:40 am kristen

and look at those lilies (daylilies?) trying ever so hard to get to the party at the birdbath :)
    glad you’re back.

10. on 08 Aug 2006 at 11:49 am Tammy

Loved the haiku! I have a special fondness for Black Eyed Susans :) The painted photo is beautiful.

11. on 09 Aug 2006 at 11:42 am Deb R

kristen, yep those are daylilies. I have several of them in that same flower bed, but the Susies won’t let them get close to the birdbath. ;-)
    Thanks Tammy! I love BES too. They feel very warm and home-y to me.