Red Shoe Ramblings » You Found Me HOW?

You Found Me HOW?

I know lots of bloggers have written posts about keyword searches that lead people to their blogs, but I never have - until today. Most of the time I don’t even think to check to see how people got here! But today, inspired by a recent post by Dragonfly, I decided to take a look at the keyword analysis for Red Shoe Ramblings and tell you what I found.

In the past couple of days, these have been the most popular searches used to find my blog:

10. Redhead L’Oreal
Um, yep. That would describe me all right. Did you have a question?

9. 80’s Clothes and Hair
Oh dear. Must we go there? MUST we??? It appears we must.

Did anyone else notice how Danielle (Bree’s daughter) looked on this past Sunday’s episode of Desperate Housewives? Big, curly hair, HUGE earrings, a big-shouldered striped t-shirt, skinny pants. I’m tellin’ ya, she could’ve wandered straight from that episode into pretty much any ’80’s teen flick you can think of and she’d have looked right at home. I’m thinking any day now it’ll be time to buy a pair of scrunchy ankle boots and start wearing some of J’s fishing lures on my ears.

8. When do spiders go dormant?
I don’t think they do. I think the sneaky little hairy-legged, multi-eyed bastards just move inside and try to make nests in places I don’t want to think about while waiting for their chance to suck my face off while I sleep. I swear one built a mansion of a web in ONE night in my dining room window this week! (…shudder…)

7. frizz ease ethics
In my opinion, if easing your frizz makes you happy and doesn’t hurt anyone, then it’s ethical. But hey, you’re entitled to your own opinion. I never claimed to be a philosopher.

6. Rent character analysis Mimi
Mimi is a needy, wounded, girl-child in a woman’s body who almost self-destructs by trying to fill her emotional void with drugs and sex. But she has a heart of gold and a couple of really good musical numbers. Next!

5. Lollipop guild munchkin shoes
Really? With all the beautiful shoes in the world, you really want to know what the lollipop guild guys were wearing on their feet??? Wow, I don’t even want to see inside your mind. Sorry, no help here, although if you click on that last link you might find what you’re looking for.

Maybe it’s for a Halloween costume. Yeah, that’s it…I’m going to believe you only want to know how to put together a Lollipop Guild Munchkin Halloween costume. Whew!

4. Playing in my head earworm
Oh man, do I ever know where YOU’RE coming from! I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours. Oh hell, I’ll tell you first!

I’ve had “Kiss” by Prince in my head for two solid freakin’ WEEKS. I’ve tried thinking of other songs and it doesn’t work. I’ve even tried thinking of other Prince songs, hoping it would sort of wean me away from hearing the exact same one over and over. Nope. Not even Little Red Corvette can drive away his Kiss.

“You don’t have to be rich to be my girl. You don’t have to be cool to rule my world. Ain’t no particular sign I’m more compatible with, I just want your extra time and your….KISS!” There, is it in your head now too? You’re welcome.

3. Fabric Postcards
Wow, kinda cool that this is number three. When I think to check, it’s usually number one on my search list. I’m glad people like it, but it’s nice when people visit for some other reason than the infamous fabric postcard instructions. I’ve had about 40 bazillion hits on that thing in the past year (rounded up to the nearest bazillion). If I’d had any idea when I wrote that post that it would turn out to be so popular, I would NOT have gone out of my way to point out my stubby, unpolished fingernails in one of the photos! And I might have chosen a wine that actually went with the chocolate instead of just grabbing a pretty bottle out of my pantry. Ahem.

2. Grey’s Anatomy footwear
Ooooh, do you mean those fabulous red stillettos they show in the opening credits?? Those are HOT! Sadly, you will not find them here. And if I had them, I wouldn’t share. I would put them on a pedestal in some flattering lighting, and admire them daily, and show them to visitors (as long as they promised not to touch!), and only take them down now and then for naughty games with my husband. (Was that Too Much Information?)

And the most popular search to find my blog this week:
1. How to crochet a scarf
Oh dear. Oh, you poor, poor people who are evidently being led to this post. I hope I haven’t scarred you for life. Here’s a bit of advice from Auntie Deb. If you want to know how to crochet a scarf, it might be a good idea to click on links that actually describe the finished object as a “scarf” instead of clicking on a link that describes how to make a “scarf-like object.” I’m just sayin’.

In the future, if anyone does a search for “blonde with cleavage” they’re going to find this DAT, not because it has anything to do with blondes or boobage, but because I’m warped and find the thought of it amusing.

“Blonde (trees) with Cleavage”
(clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window)

23 Responses to “You Found Me HOW?”

1. on 27 Oct 2006 at 1:48 am liz elayne

oh i love this. LOVE IT. i think about this all the time when i look at my sitemeter.

(sometimes i wish i could direct the people who google “grandmother died poetry” to the right place though. sorry to be depressing but that seems to be how some people find themselves at my blog. oh and if they google “i spent the night with kenny rogers” - go ahead - try it.)

2. on 27 Oct 2006 at 3:29 am Diane

Um, HOW did you find out what the search was? I’d love to look at that but can’t find where that info would be hiding…

3. on 27 Oct 2006 at 3:54 am Catherine

Before I comment on this post I just need to tell you that you are correct, Marmite has exactly the folate level of Vegemite. Please don’t tell the FDA or they will ban Marmite as well (and my daughter says, we want as much of it as far away as possible, it may look like Vegemite but it tastes horrible). OK, the other silly thing is that Kraft who make Vegemite in Australia are an American company. And they still won’t let it in.
    “Blonde with cleavage” in quotes won’t actually lead them to the DAT, because you have an extra word in the middle. But it will lead to your comment above the DAT! I can’t play this amusing game for two reasons: 1) I don’t think I have that facility on my sitemeter (which do you use?) and 2) I put a tag in my template to make it not google searchable.

On the other hand if you search on my full name (which I am not revealing) it brings up a couple of my comments on other blogs, because my computer has an annoying auto fill in function which automatically puts my full name in, and I have to remember to delete my surname before I post.

4. on 27 Oct 2006 at 8:01 am Jenny-up the hill

I found you through searching for Fabric Postcards! I like your tutorial the best…especially the optional items like the chocolate and wine! lol!!

5. on 27 Oct 2006 at 8:16 am bee

oh my god, deb. i laughed SO HARD when i found the blondes with cleavage.

i laugh all the freaking time when i come here, though.

how do you search for things like that? could you teach me? ;)

6. on 27 Oct 2006 at 9:39 am Claire

Hahaha - this post is hilarious! Love it!

Cxx

7. on 27 Oct 2006 at 9:59 am gkgirl

teeheehee
    this is too funny…
    just goes to show
    that you never know…
    heehee :)

8. on 27 Oct 2006 at 10:40 am Deb R

Well, y’know Liz, I bet when people google “grandmother died poetry” and find your blog that they find some comforting words without you doing anything more. And I did as you suggested about the Kenny Rogers google - LOL! You’re number 1! You’re number 1! :-D
    You won’t find it anywhere on Blogger, Diane. Ya gets what ya pay for. You have to add a little freebie widget to your blog template to collect the information. I use Stat Counter. I know several other people who have had good luck with SiteMeter. Both are free for the basic no-frills service and both are pretty simple to install into your template.

You’re right about the blondes with cleavage thing, Catherine, but I figure whether it leads them to the photo or this post, either way it won’t be quite what they’re looking for. :-) And my lips are sealed about the whole Marmite/Vegemite thing. ;-)
    Well but see, Jenny, after you found the postcard tutorial you stuck around to read other posts too and to comment! YOU are PRETTY!! :-) So many of the other people who find that post just read it and move on without even looking around at anything else or saying hello. Pppffftt!

Thanks Bee! See above for the site info in my reply to Diane. :-)
    Thanks, Claire! :-)
    Exactly, gkgirl! You never do!

9. on 27 Oct 2006 at 12:52 pm acumamakiki

Love the daily art thang and I’m singing lalalalala so I don’t get Kiss in my head.
    You are one funny lady, I love your way with words.

10. on 27 Oct 2006 at 1:14 pm lovegreendog

always sharing such interesting info Deb. i love that about you. now i’m going to search on me.

11. on 27 Oct 2006 at 1:51 pm ceanandjen

Deb, you so rock! I love everything that you write, and without fail, you make me smile, giggle, or downright laugh laugh laugh!

And you picture? Beautiful! The title? PRICELESS!

Have a beautiful weekend wonderful lady!!!!!!!

p.s. Still laughing!!!!

12. on 27 Oct 2006 at 2:42 pm la vie en rose

heehee…this was a good laugh!

and nic pic!

13. on 27 Oct 2006 at 3:30 pm Liz

All I can say is… ROFL ROFL ROFL…. ow my side is aching, can’t type anymore….

14. on 27 Oct 2006 at 3:31 pm tiff

THAT’S the way to build the hit counts! Some mention of boobs, no matter what the context, brings ‘em right in.

15. on 27 Oct 2006 at 6:05 pm twitches

HOw weird - I saw it right away, and my husband still can’t tell where it is.

16. on 27 Oct 2006 at 6:44 pm Nessie Noodle

fabulous title and gorgeous photo…
    okay so how the heck did you do this search? I wanna do it now :)
    ps found you via lovegreendog glad I stopped by.

17. on 27 Oct 2006 at 8:19 pm dragonfly

This was just hilarious! I’m so glad you did it… but you get much better searches than I do. I don’t know whether to be jealous or just talk about boobs more in the future (love the pic, btw).

You also made me snarf coffee @ #8, #7, and then AGAIN @ #4. So not fair wasting good coffee like that.

Regarding earworms (KISS?? ROFL) - purposefully listen to the song in your head a few times and Then something else. Works for me at least.

“So many of the other people who find that post just read it and move on without even looking around at anything else or saying hello. Pppffftt!” I could NOT have said this any better!! Boogers.

18. on 27 Oct 2006 at 9:50 pm b/sistersshoes

Okay….today you were THE stand-up comedian of the DAy, all the way down to the name of you Photo THANG

I love how you make me laugh :D
    happy weekend love,
    xoxo darlene

19. on 28 Oct 2006 at 12:32 am Amber

I really want to know how to check this stuff out! I can’t imagine how people find my blog…I bet sooo many of them are like really nice Christians, and they come an dfind me saying “fuck” every other word. Poor peeps. LOL

This is funny as always. Silly girl. Thanks for that. Evens out the “wanna shoot yourself vibes” I sent out today. Ha!

20. on 28 Oct 2006 at 1:34 am Amber

Where do you get the key word stuff from? Do tell?

21. on 29 Oct 2006 at 12:12 am Deb R

I so totally thought I had responded to the rest of the comments on this post earlier today. That’s what I get for thinking!!

Dang, Kristen, you sure you don’t want to join me in singing a little Prince???

Cool, Angela! If you find stuff, I hope you share.

Thanks, Jen! I like it when I can make someone laugh. :-)
    Thanks, Michelle and Liz. Glad you both got a giggle!

HA! You got that right, Tiff!!

What, Twitches, the cleavage? Hhhmmm….

Hi Nessie! I explained the search to Diane above if you want to scroll up, plus I’ll talk about it in Sunday’s post.

Oh Dragonfly, you should definitely talk about boobs. I’m telling ya, honey, it WORKS! :-D
    Yay for making you laugh, Darlene! Hope you have a fab weekend too.

Heya, Amber. Scroll up to earlier in comments to my reply to Diane, or check back in a few minutes when I post my Sunday post and I’ll tell you all about the keyword search.

22. on 29 Oct 2006 at 12:39 am cinderelly

thanks, i like having Prince in my head! and the red shoes…i love those shoes too, but i couldn’t find them either. they are probably like manolo’s or sompin’ i couldn’t afford anyway! you have a fun blog!

23. on 29 Oct 2006 at 7:58 am Deb R

Thanks cinderelly! I’m glad you like having Prince in your head. I’ve finally switched over to Little Red Corvette - still Prince, but a different song now. :-)