Visions of Books Dance in My Head

You know how I love books. You know how I love memes. So how could I resist when I found out that there’s a meme (a fun one!) that’s also a contest giving me a chance to win more books? I can’t, of course…resist, that is. I didn’t even try.

Visions of Heat1. Which psychic power would you most like to possess?

Telekineses might be cool. Or I think it would be interesting to be able to see and interpret auras. I’ve always been a little envious of people who can see auras.

2. If you could see the future, what would you like to see?

I’d like to see a distant future - 100 years from now, say, or even further ahead, in the hopes that humankind has managed to improve things instead of annihilating everything and everyone. I wouldn’t want to see the immediate future - my lifetime or my immediate family’s lifetime because if there’s bad stuff coming (and this being Real Life, sooner or later there will be!) I’d rather take it as it comes than drive myself and everyone around me crazy trying to figure out when it’s coming and why, and if I can stop it or not.

3. Imagine you woke up one day and could shapeshift - what would you shift into?

Ooooh, tough one because so many things would be interesting. I think I’d have to choose a bird though, both for the ability to fly and because birds see a much broader spectrum of colors than humans, which would be very cool for an artist. (Close second place would be a dog, so I could communicate with my dogs and so I could see what it’s like to have that sort of sense of smell.)

4. What kind of a paranormal creature would you invite over for dinner if there were no limits on who you could ask?

A ghost. Or maybe a wizard. Honestly, as much as I enjoy stories about paranormal creatures, there aren’t many of them I can think of I’d want at my dinner table!

5. Which future innovation do you wish would hurry up and get here already? i.e. flying cars, a transporter, computers with artificial intelligence, an auto chef?

A transporter!!!!!!! I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve wished for one. I even wrote a post about it once. (Although an auto chef would be awfully cool too.)

This meme was begun by Nalini Singh to get the word out about her next book, Visions of Heat (releasing March 6). Want to play, too, and enter to win a $50 Amazon voucher plus an ARC? Leave a comment here, telling me you’re going to play, so I can read your answers. Then, click here for details on how to enter Nalini’s contest. If you’re going to answer the meme, you might as well try to win the prize!

Here’s today’s Daily Art Thang.

heart

“Heart on My Sleeve…er…Wrist” (clickable)

9 Responses to “Visions of Books Dance in My Head”

1. on 26 Feb 2007 at 12:51 am holli

This is just way too much deep stuff to think about. You know I obsess about these types of answers.

BTW - I’m watching people add your mug on their stylehive. It’s kind of fun!

Okay, taking the tot to bed.

I love the DAT, but I love the title.

xoxoxo from me and a sleepy Faith to you.

Faith says: I want you to buy that bracelet with hearts and circles.

On that note - I’m off!

2. on 26 Feb 2007 at 11:31 am DebR

Holli, tell Faith I said she has excellent taste! :-)

3. on 26 Feb 2007 at 11:34 am Janet

ooh, I love that watch!

4. on 26 Feb 2007 at 6:11 pm Kim G.

Cool meme. With kids, I’d love a transporter, too. Some days I feel like I live in my minivan!

5. on 26 Feb 2007 at 9:13 pm janet

Cool meme….my choice would be the auto chef. I’m assuming it must be like the replicator on Star Trk NG….I keep telling HB that’s what I want in the kitchen!

Love the watch!!

6. on 26 Feb 2007 at 9:58 pm Amber

I have caught up on you last few posts. They are all good readin’ sister. I like the green dress for the Oscars, but I think it would have to be long. But I love that color. :)
    I love this DAT. Are these your vases? Lovely. I want a lamp like these.

As for super powers, I always wanted to be invisable. Because I am nosey like that. And sneaky. ;) But then I would like to heal people with my hands. That would be cool.

Thanks for your well wishes. ((you))

7. on 26 Feb 2007 at 10:11 pm Joanne

Deb,

I can’t believe it! I have that same exact watch!! I just took photos of it to send, but can’t attach on here.

How I got it was interesting: I was attending an out-of-town conference and the watch I was wearing died (needed a new battery). And finding a new watch at a dept store was easier than looking for a jeweler to replace the battery, so I went into this cute little boutique, and lo and behold, there was the watch for under $20, (yes, it was more expensive than replacing the battery in my old watch, but a lot more fun), so I opted for the new watch! (Besides, a girl can never have too much b-l-i-n-g, can she??)

I loved it because it reminded me of Brighton’s line of jewelry, of which I have many pieces. (http://www.brightonretail.com/store/wishlist.php?m=category_list&d=C)

Too funny to see you own it, too. Wear it in good health!

~~Joanne~~

8. on 05 Mar 2007 at 12:00 pm julia

Good choice on the shapeshifting question - I love to try flying!

Anyways, I as you like memes, I wondered if you’d like to try my one out? It’s not for the faint-hearted though!

9. on 05 Mar 2007 at 3:00 pm DebR

Thanks for the comments, y’all - if anyone checks back after all this time…I’m getting SO bad on late replies. Sheesh!

Amber, yep, those are my vases. I have a rather large collection of colored glass vases.

Julia, I’m not sure if I’ll do that meme or not. I’m thinking about it, but that may be TMI for my taste. Thanks for pointing me to it though! :-)