I’m pre-writing a post or two for the weekend, so I’m going to indulge in another meme, even though I just did the movie one yesterday. I snagged this one from Claire.
1.Whats your name spelt backwards?
Bed (Go ahead, laugh. I would!)
2. What did you do last night?
You’ll be reading this on Saturday (probably!) but I’m writing it on Thursday, so your “last night” will be Friday, which is still in my future! (It’s like an episode of Star Trek or something, isn’t it.) But on MY last night, aka Wednesday, I just hung around home, watching TV and reading. Please don’t envy my exciting life.
3. The last thing you downloaded onto your computer?
Some stupid software update. (yaaaawn)
4. Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery?
Noooooo…why, exactly, would one DO that?
5. Last time you swam in a pool?
I don’t swim.
6. What are you wearing?
Brown corduroy pants (turned back to winter here yesterday!), long-sleeved striped T-shirt in shades of cream and tan, tan/brown polka-dotted socks, brown suede slip-on shoes.
7. How many cars have you owned?
Ummm…let’s see…4, I think. That’s not many for someone who has had a driver’s license for 29 years, but I will buy a car and drive it until it is undriveable before buying a new one. My current car is a 13-year-old Buick in desperate need of a new paint job, that J would very much like me to give up, but I keep resisting.
8. Type of music you dislike most?
9. Are you registered to vote?
I am. And I’m pretty fanatical about voting every time the polls are open because I feel like if you don’t vote, you give up your right to bitch about the election results and I want the right to bitch when the wrong people win, dammit!
10. Do you have cable?
No, but we have DishNetwork - mini-satellite dish thingy, which amounts to nearly the same thing…loads of channels and quite often nothing on worth watching.
11. What kind of computer do you use?
A Gateway desktop. That is NOT, BTW, a recommendation. I used to be a loyal Gateway customer, for many, many years. But J and I have not been all that happy with either this desktop or the last laptop he bought from them. We’ll be going another way with the next ‘puter we buy.
12. Ever made a prank phone call?
Yep, but not since I was a teenager and that was a long, LONG time ago.
13. You like anyone right now?
I like lots of people. I’m a very nice person.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving?
I’d only bungee jump if there was the potential for a big reward - like if it was a challenge on The Amazing Race and I was a contestant, then I’d do it. But as far as sky diving, if I could do it as a tandem dive with an experienced jumper, I’d do that in a heartbeat, just for fun!
15. Furthest place you ever travelled?
I think probably farthest from here would be Hawaii.
16.Do you have a garden?
Yep! Although the fruit and veggie parts of it are mostly J’s baby, while I take care of the flowers.
17. What’s your favorite comic strip?
Can’t choose just one. I like Dilbert, Doonesbury, Zits, Garfield, Cathy, Opus, For Better or For Worse.
18. Do you know all the words to the national anthem?
Yep. I can even sing it without getting toooooo terribly shrieky if I start it low enough.
19. Shower, morning or night?
20. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month?
I haven’t been out to the movies in the past month, so this would have to be something seen on TV or DVD. Hhhhmmm…..I just watched The Full Monty for the gazillionth time a week or two ago and I’ve got to go with that one. I love that movie.
21. Favorite pizza toppings?
Favorites would be pepperoni, mushrooms, and green olives, but there are lots of other pizza toppings I’d eat too.
22. Chips or popcorn?
23. What cell phone provider do you have?
Cingular. Or rather it used to be Cingular and that’s what still pops up on my phone, but they just did some sort of merger thingy and I think it’s now technically A T & T.
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells?
I must quote my own response to question #4: Noooooo…why, exactly, would one DO that?
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant?
No, not a beauty pageant, exactly. I was in the Homecoming court one year at college.
26. Orange Juice or apple?
27. Who were the last people you sat at lunch with?
28. Favourite chocolate bar?
I dunno, really…I like lots of them!
29. Who is your longest friend and how long?
Y’know, at this point, I think I’d have to say Johnny to this one too. Between marriage and dating, we’ve been together more than 20 years now. There are people I’ve known longer and we’re friendly if we run into each other, but we no longer hang out together. So….Johnny.
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
Late last summer…sigh…..
31. Have you ever won a trophy?
I’ve gotten ribbons, but I don’t think I’ve ever gotten an actual trophy.
32. Favorite artist?
33. Favorite computer game?
I don’t do computer games much. I have a couple of little game programs by Hoyle where I can play things like gin rummy or yahtzee and those are kind of fun.
34. Ever ordered from an infomercial?
35. Sprite or 7-UP?
I don’t think it would be possible for me to care any less about this than I do at this moment.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work?
School, no. Work, yes, when I worked at White Castle a couple of summers during my late teens.
37. Last thing you bought at the store?
A pair of sunglasses.
38. Ever thrown up in public?
Ugh, who thinks of this stuff?!? Yes, but not for a long, long time now.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love?
I’ve got true love, so I’ll take the million, thanks.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. I believe in attraction at first sight, even a spark of recognition of sorts, and I think sometimes that turns into love and then ends up feeling like you found love at first sight. But I think in order to truly love someone, you have to know them. Otherwise what you love is only your idea of them, not the real person. And since getting to know someone takes time, I don’t believe in love at first sight.
41.Can exes just be friends?
I think it’s possible sometimes, but I’ve never had much luck in that area.
42. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
J’s Aunt Jean, before she died.
43. Did you have long hair as a young kid?
Not as a very young child because my hair was so super-fine and curly that it was a nightmare to take care of, so Mom kept it short-ish. But once I got old enough to take care of it myself, I kept it anywhere from mid-back to below my waist until I was out of college, and then again for a while in my late twenties/early thirties.
44. What message is on your voicemail machine?
A very generic “you’ve reached such-in-such a number, leave a message”
45. Where would you like to go right now?
46. What was the name of your first pet?
47. What kind of back pack do you have, and what’s in it?
I don’t know what kind it is. Nothing fancy or expensive. I don’t carry it except just occasionally as a carry-on when I travel, so nothing’s in it at the moment.
48. Last incoming/outgoing call on your phone?
Outgoing: server tech support…sigh…
49. What is one thing you are grateful for today?
50. What do you think about most?
I don’t really know…just everyday life things I suppose.
Here’s today’s DAT:
“Pink Stemmed Ivy” (clickable)
10 Responses to “50 Questions”