Red Shoe Ramblings » Poetry Thursday and Answered Questions

Poetry Thursday and Answered Questions

Before I get to a poem for today, I just wanted to mention that several of the people who volunteered to be interviewed by me last week have now posted their responses to the questions I asked, and there’s some wonderful stuff there! If you have some time, check out the interview posts by Amy, Nic, Darlene, Mim, Tammy, and Kiki.

Maybe it’s because of reading the thoughts of such strong and wonderful women that I want to share this poem today.

The Courage of Women

I think of the courage of women,
how they endure,
how they walk for miles to carry back water,
silence in their pain, apportion
what’s left of the rice.
Keepers of eggs without shells,
they know how fragile the days are,
how hope can spill onto the ground.

~~~Jane Glazer

Here’s today’s Daily Art Thang:

uncovered

“Uncovered” (clickable)

11 Responses to “Poetry Thursday and Answered Questions”

1. on 03 May 2007 at 9:12 am Amy

Is that a headstone or am I the only one reading “son” on that rock?

2. on 03 May 2007 at 10:18 am Amy

I still can’t believe that that is a jar…

3. on 03 May 2007 at 12:21 pm Gerrie

What a cool photo and love the poem.

4. on 03 May 2007 at 1:41 pm Tammy

I soooo needed to be reminded of courage today. Thank you Deb. HUGS

5. on 03 May 2007 at 5:15 pm daisies

:) that poem is so beautiful and the mason jar astounding and it was wonderful to get such fantastic questions from such a strong and wonderful woman :)

6. on 03 May 2007 at 7:06 pm ceanandjen

This poem is wonderful Deb. Woman are extremely courageous beings; sometimes we just need to be reminded of that. ;-)

xoxoxoxo

7. on 03 May 2007 at 8:56 pm Vanessa

how did I miss your post about the interview offer? I so would have signed up! I’ll be first in the queue next time :)
    the poem is beautiful and I too am curious about what has been ‘uncovered’ in today’s DAT!
    Vx

8. on 04 May 2007 at 12:06 am Shaz

I too needed to work on my courage thanks for the reminder, cool poem. xx

9. on 06 May 2007 at 9:59 am Laura Florand

Beautiful poem. I LOVE your interview questions. If I had known you were such a good interviewer, I would have said you could interview me. :)

10. on 07 May 2007 at 8:27 am angela

came back to read this again, i love the last three lines.
    so beautiful and surprising to me. so glad you posted it.

11. on 08 May 2007 at 9:02 am DebR

I answered Amy privately, but in case anyone else wondered and reads these comments, that’s a really ooooold Mason jar in the pic. It’d been buried and we uncovered it in a garden bed.

Glad y’all enjoyed the poem! I totally forgot to link to Poetry Thursday in this post OR to post my link there. Ooooops. :-)

Vanessa and Laura, I’m sure I’ll do the Interview Game again someday. It was too fun not to! So maybe y’all could volunteer to be interviewed then.