Really? Ya think???

Lord, y’all, I can’t even tell you what fun it is sometimes to see some of what goes on behind the scenes on a blog - CannedMeatProduct comments that get trapped in the filter, search phrases that boggle the mind and yet somehow - somehow! - still lead people here. I wish I could share some of them with you.

Oh, wait! I can!

I’ve had something new start showing up in the CannedMeatProduct filter lately that pretty much shows me that someone is quoting bits of my blog posts in some other language and then some other someone is quoting that non-English post and translating it back into English. How do I know that? Because I’m seeing trackbacks that are, um…a little different.

Here’s what I mean - go to my post from yesterday and read just the first three sentences. Go on, they’re short and I’ll wait. Lalalalaaaaa….Are you back? Good! Now read this quote that tracks back to my blog:

“Just when I was instrument every wordless and uninspired, Julie tagged me for a book-ish meme. Thanks, Julie! I bush impact ended this member before (not sure) but if I impact it’s been a daylong happening ago, so I’ll seek along again.”

Really, it’s so much fun that I can’t even bring myself to try to track them down and make them stop. Instead, I want to see if they’ll capture the mis-translated sentences, copy those and mis-translate the mis-translation!! This could get SO good! Ha! Plus, I now have an almost overwhelming urge to say to someone, “Dude, that is such a daylong happening ago!”

I also love to see what phrases people have used in search engines to find my blog, partly just because it’s fun, but other times because I think to myself, “Self, y’know, they may not have found that on your blog yet, but you could make sure they do next time!”

Myself and I had just such a conversation when we saw that someone in the world was recently searching for “limericks about red hats.” I told myself I could make one up and myself replied, “Impact end that daylong happening tomorrow!” …or, um something like that.

So, dear searcher for a red hat limerick, here ya go:

When your hat is as red as your shoes
you’ll say
“bugger it all” to the blues.
Whether ruby or scarlet,
you’ll feel like a starlet,
and maybe a bit of a flooze.

You’re welcome. :-)

Here’s today’s Daily Art Thang.

Trixter in shades of gray

“Trixter in Shades of Gray” (You can impact the clicking of biggerness in window member of otherness if desired greatly.*)

*Naaawww, I’m not gonna translate. You figure it out. ;-)

10 Responses to “Really? Ya think???”

1. on 06 Mar 2008 at 12:02 pm jkbees

You are so funny! I was laughing all the way through this one! Love the limerick, and Trixster looks so cute. My kitties sit in the windows, too….kitty tv!

2. on 06 Mar 2008 at 1:10 pm Christine TX

I enjoy all your entries, loved comparing your cruise to the one we just completed on RC, love the photo work, but today’s post was hysterical and by the end it felt like the right way to say things!! You have made my day! Thanks.

3. on 06 Mar 2008 at 1:25 pm susan

OMG, the babelfish site provided lots of play along these lines when I was preparing to move to Mexico. You are a hoot!

4. on 06 Mar 2008 at 1:35 pm dragonfly

ROFL! That was hilarious; I loved it (especially the limerick).

5. on 06 Mar 2008 at 2:09 pm Donna

Deb,
    Just finished Joshilyn Jackson’s new book, The Girl Who Stopped Swimming and found her reference to your tarot quilts in the acknowlegements. You must be so proud that your work contributed to her art quilt descriptions in her book; I know that I’m excited about it and I’m only your blog reader. Again, how cool is that! Donna

6. on 06 Mar 2008 at 3:55 pm Shirley

How bizarre! I don’t know where/how to see how people get to my blog - can you explain?

7. on 06 Mar 2008 at 4:40 pm tiff

Lucky you, getting all translated and stuff. That means people LOVE you all around the world.

“Impact end that daylong happening” MUST enter my lexicon, somehow. Marvelous!!

8. on 07 Mar 2008 at 1:57 am JulieZS

Haha! *Now* I can understand what you meant, I had to read the translation *snerk*. Too funny!

9. on 07 Mar 2008 at 4:26 pm Morven

Hilarious! Love your use of “bugger it all” - we’ll make a kiwi out of you yet.

Your photo of Trixter is very cool.

10. on 07 Mar 2008 at 4:46 pm Lilymane

Love the way Trixter seems to be looking at the smiley face. And of course the translation stuff makes me laugh. My former co-workers and I used to have a whole slew of phrases culled from mistranslated bits - but “Dude, that is such a daylong happening ago” would have taken the cake. As always - it’s a pleasure to catch up with you! Peace.