Just Call Me Grace

Dateline: Thursday, May 8, around 4:30 PM

The scene: An office, where, toward the end of a very long and uber-busy day, our heroine (that would be me, because it’s my blog and if I can’t be the heroine of my own blog, then what’s the point!) is whizzing between one desk and another on her speedy chair-on-wheels, as she does many, many times a day. Wheeeeeee!

Sceneus Interruptus: Our heroine, who sometimes gets a little carried away with the whole “wheeeeee” thing, somehow gets her center of gravity not-quite-right and tips the speedy roller-ball-ish chair right on over to the floor. Oopsie.

The Good Part: Her reflexes are pretty darn good and she catches herself before she goes crashing to the floor with the chair.

The Not-So-Good Part: She seems to have twisted funny when she caught herself because damn!…her…um, that is, my back freakin’ hurts today. Sigh… Just call me Grace.

Here’s today’s Daily Art Thang.

redbud leaves

“Another Redbud” (Clickable if you want to see it larger in a new window.)

5 Responses to “Just Call Me Grace”

1. on 09 May 2008 at 7:21 am Catherine

I hope your back feels better soon.

2. on 09 May 2008 at 11:53 am tiff

I did that once with a lab chair - think a waist-high seat on wheels - so I’m feeling your pain. Hope you feel better soon!

3. on 09 May 2008 at 2:16 pm Janet

Grace, I LOVE that picture!

4. on 09 May 2008 at 7:30 pm Sara

Feel better!!!!!!

5. on 10 May 2008 at 2:40 am Laume

Ouch! When I fell on my butt (and tailbone) trying to pull out a sunflower - which was stupid of me, not to balance myself better because - DUH! What did I THINK would happen once the roots gave up their grip???? - and another couple of stupid falls that I can’t remember the reason for - I had a dull but constant back ache for MONTHS. I wondered if it was permanent but I’m finally - knock on wood - back to normal - ordinary creaky, but not a specific sore back. So, the point of this long comment - hopefully it won’t take a long time to heal but don’t be surprised if it does take a long time. The end.