It’s Alive!

Hi.

Remember me? Someone said earlier today it had been a month since I blogged. I did not believe that. No way, I thought. But when I peeked, my blog said “way.”

NO way!!

WAY.

Damn. I knew it had been a while, but I really (seriously!) did not think it had been a month. Sigh. I’m sorry if I’ve been worrying anyone. I’ve been ok, but just soooo overwhelmed with Real Life lately. I feel like I work and sleep and work and sleep and occasionally spend a few minutes playing pirate games on Facebook because pretending to push people overboard is fun. (It is. Don’t judge unless you’ve tried it.)

I got to the place where I felt like I just couldn’t blog every day (can you say “burn out?”), but now I’m finding that the problem is that when I don’t blog every day I have trouble making myself blog at all because I suddenly feel like I have nothing to say. I am mumbledy-mumble years old and still having trouble getting a handle on the whole moderation thing. :-P

SO anyway, a few days ago, Jacquelyn over at Ascender Rises Above tagged me for the Five Quirky Things About Me meme-ish thing. I’ve done variations of that one before, but there’s always more quirk, right? Sure there is! So I’m going to tell you five things I’ve done - maybe quirky, maybe not - in the past few weeks. If you would like to know more about any of those things, go ahead and ask questions in comments and I can answer them in future blog posts - maybe even less than a month from now. Yeah, baby! That’s what I call motivation!

Five Things I’ve Done in the Past Few Weeks

1. I have attempted to climb to the top of a 35-foot telephone pole in order to jump off. (I only made it about 20 feet up though. Then I jumped. I’m still really bummed that I didn’t make it all the way to the top.)

2. I had breakfast in prison.

3. I took a GED assessment test, even though I have a college degree. (I still don’t like math.)

4. I got a really bad perm.

5. I shot both semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons and used lots and lots of bullets.

Any questions? :-)

Oh and I’m not tagging anyone, although you’re more than welcome to share your quirk if you want. I love quirk.

25 Responses to “It’s Alive!”

1. on 17 Nov 2008 at 12:24 am AscenderRisesAbove

Math? Shudder. I’m allergic! Thanks for playing along! (from ascender who is also having a hard time blogging these days)

2. on 17 Nov 2008 at 3:58 am Laume

I’m so glad you’re back. I know exactly the phenomenon you mention - the longer I let slip between posting the less I can imagine anything I have to say being worth saying. The only thing I can do to break the writer’s block seems to be sitting in front of a “create post” page and just stumble along inanely until I find my stride again.

As for questions - you betcha! (Do you like my Palin impression there?) Relating to the corresponding # in your post -

1. Are you out of your friggin’ mind!?!?! I can’t imagine jumping from more than two feet up. Okay, maybe three feet. Where you attached to anything? A bungee or something I presume?

2. Did this have anything to do with jumping off a telephone pole? Is the food as bad as hospital food? Hubby said the food at the… er, “institution” he works at is actually quite good.

3.Did you pass?

4. No question but, my sympathies.

5. Okay, now did THIS have anything to do with the jail breakfast? Did you find you liked it as much as Joshilyn?

3. on 17 Nov 2008 at 8:13 am wanda

I’ve missed your posts! Glad you’re back but know how it can be sometimes! Interesting life you have, from the answers you wrote! I’m not going to ask…I’m just going to imagine!

4. on 17 Nov 2008 at 9:56 am Natalya

i am not asking… but i am disbelieving…
    Nice to have you back! i missed your posts…

5. on 17 Nov 2008 at 10:58 am Helen

glad to hear from you, but what on earth were you doing thinking of jumping 35 feet? aaaah!

6. on 17 Nov 2008 at 12:23 pm DebR

Do not disbelieve, Natalya. Everything on that list is the literal truth. There may be interesting circumstances (or not…who knows what is or isn’t interesting to others!) but not one thing on the list is a lie or story - I seriously did all of them.

7. on 17 Nov 2008 at 2:14 pm Janet

good lord to most of those answers! Glad to see you back tho :-)

8. on 17 Nov 2008 at 3:59 pm susan

Okay, so you give us little snippets of stuff that would make at least a bunch of short stories, but not enough answer the question….”WHY?”

WHY did you jump off the pole, and even better, why did you climb up there in the first place?

WHY and HOW did you happen to have breakfast in prison (gosh I hope it wasn’t involuntarily!hehehe)

Oh you are such a tease Deb. Come on back and expand, expand, expand!!!

ps. glad to see you. I’ve been faithful in checking daily, and have imagined all sorts of wonderful reasons why you’re not blogging.

**she’s secretly a spy off on a covert mission
    **her hunnny-bunnnny insisted on taking her to the top of the eiffel tower to sip some champagne
    **the president-elect needed someone in his new cabinet with a wardrobe of red shoes.
    **she’s off creating absolutely fabulous photos for National Geographic.
    and so on…..

9. on 17 Nov 2008 at 5:54 pm Morven

Thank God you’re back. I’ve missed you and was beginning to think I needed to pick up the phone and call you to make sure you were OK although by your meme comments I’m still worried!

10. on 17 Nov 2008 at 8:12 pm Julie

Wow. I would have a hard time coming up with such an interesting list, no matter what time frame I used. Well, the bad perm - definitely been there, done that. But the rest?

You live an interesting life (and to wish that on someone is a Chinese curse, right?)

11. on 17 Nov 2008 at 10:04 pm Nic Bridges

Glad you’re back! Can’t begin to imagine where or why you’ve been doing all that weird stuff - maybe you’ll elaborate?

12. on 17 Nov 2008 at 10:17 pm Linda in London

So to create the rest of the story…. You were bear hunting, the bear turned around and chased you. A telephone pole was bridging a gap (low point to high). You wanted to escape the bear, your hunting partner snagged the bear.
    It was out of season so he was tossed into jail; you visited him in the AM, brought breakfast and shared it ‘cuz your nice.

In your desolate sorrow over missing your shot at the bear you went for a cheer-up hair appointment and that went bad too.

Thinking you were living under the wrong sign this month the thought of passing a GED was worth the chance for a cheer up.

13. on 18 Nov 2008 at 10:51 am JC

Good to hear from you, Deb!

Those are some crazy answers. I want to know why you were climbing a telephone pole!

14. on 18 Nov 2008 at 5:08 pm Sara

Oh, great - tease us with these little tidbits!! Glad to see you back!!!

15. on 19 Nov 2008 at 1:02 pm darlene

:) so nice to see you again … and all your cute quirky!

16. on 20 Nov 2008 at 5:27 pm Vanessa

so nice to come here and find you’ve posted!

tell me your next post will expand on these tantalizing teasers (all of them!)… please!

can’t wait
    Vx

17. on 22 Nov 2008 at 8:16 am Kay

Blogging every day wears one out. Good to catch up tho! BTW You are very quirky!

18. on 23 Nov 2008 at 7:45 pm amber

Nice try, but you are going to have to ’splain some. lol

19. on 25 Nov 2008 at 8:43 pm calcrochetnut

Hi there Deb, Debb here…lol…anyway I loved your tutorial on making a fabric postcard and was wondering if you know how to make a pocket postcard and could direct me in the right area or tell me how? I am new to making them and I got a lot of ideas and “how tos” from your tutorial as it was really informative. thank you calcrochetnut@msn.com

20. on 28 Nov 2008 at 8:55 pm tiff

Don’t know which one I want to hear about first.

All of them then. Including how you love your new closet!

21. on 01 Dec 2008 at 12:41 am Mary Ann

So glad to hear from you Deb. I’ll be anxious to hear the stories that go along with the quirky things you’ve been doing….LOTS of ammo?

22. on 03 Dec 2008 at 11:47 am Judy

Once, when I was looking in vain for a new post, I checked your randon library list, and the title The Affair of the Blood Stained Egg Cosy caught my interest, so I followed up on it. I was disappointed in the first couple of chapters, till I realized that it was more of a farce than a “real” 30’s murder mystery. It is becoming so over the top, that I almost didn’t want to put it down last night!

Thanks for the recommendation!

23. on 05 Dec 2008 at 5:17 am Margi

Hi Deb! Glad you are back! I nominated you as a kreative blogger, see my site for the info.
    margi

24. on 08 Dec 2008 at 12:48 pm dragonfly

I MISS ya, woman. Hope you are doing well!!!

25. on 10 Dec 2008 at 2:03 am Caitlin O'Connor

WHAT THE?!?!
    I love you, you nutter!!