1. My blog (not just the “front” but the admin pages as well) is loading soooooo slowly for me this morning! Gaaahhh! Man, I hope it doesn’t do that all day. I was hoping to do a little maintenance today, since this is my only day off work this week, but if it keeps being balky like this, it ain’t happenin’.
2. Today would’ve been my mom’s 69th birthday. I love this photo of her, even though it’s extremely damaged. I tried to correct a few things in Photoshop, so believe it or not, it looks better here than it does in person, but it’s so very damaged that there’s only so much I can do. But anyway, it would’ve been taken sometime in her mid-20’s. I remember that dress because it was a particular favorite of mine and, after it got so old that she didn’t wear it anymore, Mom let me play dress-up with it. I know you can’t really tell in the photo, but in person it was strong, water-themed jewel-tones of green and blue, tight to the waist, then belling out in a full skirt. I think Mom looked beautiful in it and when she let me put it on to play, I felt like a princess. Happy Birthday, Mom. You are missed.
3. Janet posted something on her blog a while back that I thought was very cool, but I only just got around to doing it this weekend. It’s a personality/mood quiz that’s supposed to create a “painting” based on your answers. So here’s how mine turned out.
I actually kind of like it. It looks like some sort of abstract seascape to me, maybe on a windy, rainy day.
4. Speaking of wind and rain, it’s supposed to be up to 70 degrees** here today, y’all!!! 70-freakin’-degrees!!! I won’t know what to do with myself!! Of course, being as it’s only March, that means it’s almost certainly blowing in thunderstorms, and by tomorrow it’s supposed to be back in the 40’s. But I’m not going to think about that now. I’ll think about that tomorrow, at Tara. Meanwhile, I intend to carpe the hell out of this diem!!
5. Here’s today’s Daily Art Thang:
“Another Sunset” (All today’s photos are clickable if you want to see them larger in a new window.)
**PS…For the non-US visitors here, who speak Celcius instead of Farenheit, that means it’s supposed to be up to around 22 degrees for a high today, but tomorrow the high will only be between 6 and 8.
8 Responses to “Random Items from the Junk Drawer of my Mind #84”